Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gary Pottery and Russian Cranberry Jam

Dear all,

I went to Harry Potter. It was awesome. That is one amazing movie. You know how I know it is so good?! Because even in Russian it blew me away. Yep, we saw it in Russian. There are no English screenings anywhere, of any movie. Not even subtitles. I learned some Russain words. I also learned that Russian does not have an H sound. Gary and Jermaiune and Ruun were the three leads in this movie. Luckily, I am so intensly nerdy, that I did not need to know what they were saying. I have read the book enough to know exactly what was going on. At some points, I think I even knew what they were saying word for word, when I combined my innate ability to remeber trivail things (like dialogue from random books) and my mad lip reading skills. I am excited though, because when I come home and see it in English, it will be like a whole new movie!

Anyway, that was last Friday, in Tbilisi. I had a really good adventure last weekend. On Saturday I inadvertently made a mortal enemy of a street vendor when I offered her to little for some cool felt slippers. Sorry Anika and Jess, but you won't be getting those for Christmas. In addition to all that good stuff, I also had a psuedo-Thanksgiving! Some of the volunteers got together and made what we could out of the little we have here. One magical guy managed to get his hands on what may just have been Georgia's only 17 pound butterball, and Christina managed to locate Russian Cranberry sauce! We had mashed potatoes, stuffing, and Khinkhali as well. There were a ton of people present, so most of us just got a taste of everything, but that was enough! Alone we could never have managed it, but together we made a pretty impressive dinner. There were also a bunch of Georgians and British people present, who thought we Americans were insane. But it was awesome!

Anywho, love you all!
20 days and counting!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment